Saturday, February 5, 2011

Out of Sight

It's funny how we think that things stop being just because we don't make them a part of our day to day existence.

The other day I drove with my dad down a neighborhood street adjacent to a playground. I bolted down this street in a coat and hat and scarf the first day that I committed to running and it was cold but I got home and took a shower and felt like air.

There was the soccer field where I rode my bicycle with my eyes on the sky, imagining I was playing Quidditch. The field my dad and I crossed when Rambo was a puppy and Pink Floyd was ringing in my ears.

I must have looked at those chocolate rooftops a million times before yet I rode down the street that has been here all along and I was shocked to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Tell me what you're thinking.